As I’m sure you are aware, we made some significant changes to the Dundee Farmer’s Market this year. As with any major change, there will be a period of adjustment but we are really quite happy with how the new market is shaping up.
As a reminder, the farmers market is held every Sunday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm right downtown in the triangle.
Here are some details:
- We are averaging about 12 vendors per week. One week we were up to 18 vendors!
- Each week there are 200-300 shoppers.
- More shoppers visit the business side than the bandstand side so be sure to check out both sides when you come!
- 1:00-2:00 tends to be the busiest time.
- We are seeing lots of families and people walking to the market
- Many people come for the market and also visit downtown businesses or vice versa.
The biggest challenge for the market so far has been the weather! Such a cool spring and dry summer meant that the veggies didn’t come in as early as usual. But they are in now!
Market vendors and shoppers have enjoyed many different special events and activities, including donut day, pie baking competition, Hike it Baby demonstration, live musicians, and more. Upcoming events include:
- August 14: Vintage/Antique Street Market
- September 11: David Zinn Chalk Artist PLUS Chalk Art Contest
- September 18: Street Art Fair at the Market
- September 25: Chili Cook-Off
Be sure to stop by any Sunday to see what is going on. There is always something new!